Recipe for a breakfast burrito
Source: SAND Cookbook
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 16 oz ground breakfast sausage (turkey, chicken)
- 10 eggs
- 8 whole wheat tortilla wraps
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Salt/pepper to taste
This recipe makes 8 burritos
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add onion, pepper, garlic powder and chili powder. Sautee for 1-2 minutes.
- Add sausage to the pan and cook completely. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from pan and transfer into a dish.
- In the same pan, heat up oil and add eggs to pan. Stir occasionally until eggs are completely cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer eggs into a dish and let it cool.
- Scoop a spoonful of sausage mixture and egg onto a tortilla wrap and sprinkle some cheddar cheese. Wrap the burrito by folding the sides and rolling the tortilla while tucking in the sides.
- Cut burrito in half and enjoy. If desired, wrap them in foil and store in freezer.
- To reheat, let burrito thaw overnight in the fridge then reheat in oven or in the microwave for a few minutes. Enjoy!
To find even more great recipes, click the button below!